Test Script Setting Procedures: (Using a PSW as an example):
1. Download t001.csv and t001.tst from GW Instek website
2. Save t001.csv and t001.tst to your USB’s root directory and confirm the saved file names are identical in your USB flash drive
3. Open t001.csv provided by GW Instek and edit output voltage, current, time, cycle, etc. for step1~step9. Please refer to the following chart. For cycle setting, first of all, set the step numbers for Start and End. Start and End should be placed corresponding to the step positions.
After filling the Excel chart with the parameters, users can quickly obtain a sequential power output as shown below.
From the above output example, each step is a setting and there are 9 steps to make up a cycle. The set cycle was repeated for two times.
Settings for power supply: (For demonstration purpose, this example only planned 9 steps, please see Test Script features below for its full capability.)
Features of GW Instek Test Script:
Setting: Capable of editing up to 20,000 settings
Cycle: Capable of setting 1 billion or infinite cycles
Duration time: Each setting can be set from 50ms to 20 days
Settings for power supply:
Step 1 Set output Off for two seconds
Step 2 Set 80V/ 7A output for 10 seconds
Step 3 Set 20V/3.5A output for 3 seconds
Step 4 Set 75V/8A output for 5 seconds
Step 5 Set 30V/10A output for 2 seconds
Step 6 Set 45V/10A output for 4 seconds
Step 7 Set 50V/10A output for 2 seconds
Step 8 Set 10V/10A output for 1 second
Step 9 Set 70V/20A output for 5 seconds. Determine whether the cycle number reaches 2.
(End Test Script if the cycle number is 2. If the cycle number is less than 2, repeat step1~step9.)
Test Script Parameter Definition:
i. OVP: over voltage protection setting. MAX: Maximum value by default；MIN: Minimum value by default
ii. OCP: over current protection setting. MAX: Maximum value by default；MIN: Minimum value by default
iii. Set Bleeder to 1 to activate bleeder control。(This function is to assist DUT to quickly discharge) Set Bleeder to 0 to deactivate bleeder control
iv. IV mode:
CVHS: Set PSW under CV priority mode, voltage rising and falling are at the fastest mode (slew rate setting for voltage and current is invalid)
CCHS: Set PSW under CC priority mode, current rising and falling are at the fastest mode (slew rate setting for voltage and current is invalid)
CVLS: Set PSW under CV slew rate control mode, voltage rising and falling are operated by settings。
CCLS: Set PSW under CC slew rate control mode, current rising and falling are operated by settings。
Cycle: Set the number of cycles (To execute infinite cycles please set the number of cycles to 0)
4. The following dialogue box will appear when you save or close the file. Please click “yes”to maintain this format.
5. After saving the file, please insert USB to the USB port on the front panel of PSW and wait for 5 seconds. (MS appearing on the display represents USB has been read)
6. Press test key on the front panel of PSW to enter Sequence function settings.
7. Use voltage knob to select T-02, then use current knob to select desired memory location (1~10) and press voltage knob to save the file to PSW.
Note: If .csv file name is t001 please select memory location(number) 1. If .csv file name is t002 please select memory location 2 and so on.
8.Use voltage knob to select T-01, then use current knob to select desired memory location (1~10) and press voltage knob to confirm execution setting. Press OUTPUT key, PSW will then output the previous edited settings.
9. Press voltage knob and then the following display will be shown to represent it is successfully entering the execution stand-by display. Press “output” to initiate operation. To pause operation, press “output” again. To resume operation, press “output”. To terminate operation and exit Test Script, press “Test”.
Note: If there is error messages as shown on the following displays please follow “Error Messages and Solutions”to amend t00x.csv file.。
(For example: Error 93→_SEQ_ERR__OCP_TOO_SMALL.) OCP setting is too small that is beyond the specifications. Settings should be within the specifications.)
GW Instek power supply models supporting Test Script are as follows:
|Download||The executable files of Test Scrip|
|Download||The operational menu of Test Script|
|Download||Error message list for Test Script|